TICKETS ON SALE NOW FOR LOD Asbury Park 2013
Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Darlene Love, will be among the performers at the Paramount Theatre show on January 19, 2013, the serves as the centerpiece for the 13th annual Light of Day concert series, now expanded to a five-day weekend of activities in Asbury Park, N.J.
More than 100 artists will play over 25 events to be held at ten different venues in the city on Jan. 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21, 2013, which promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Tickets go on sale at NOON Saturday, Oct. 20 for the series of shows, sponsored by Light of Day Foundation, Inc. (www.lightofday.org), the Asbury Park Press (www.app.com) Aerosoles (www.aerosoles.com), Ansell, Grimm & Aaron (www.ansellgrimm.com), ShopRite (www.ShopRite.com), Razor & Tie Music (www.razorandtie.com)�and CBGB (www.cbgb.com).
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com), Ticketmaster charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000, and all Ticketmaster outlets (including selected Wal-Mart stores). For more information visit www.lightofday.org.
A wide variety of ticket packages, as well as single tickets to each show, will be available.
The Light of Day series of concerts, which also includes performances in Canada and several countries in Europe, raises money for the ongoing fight against Parkinson's disease by supporting research into more effective treatments and a cure for people who suffer from Parkinson's and other degenerative neuromuscular disorders including PSP and ALS.
Asbury Park Mayor Ed Johnson and the City Council have proclaimed Jan. 17th to 21st as "Light of Day Week" in Asbury Park, in honor of the concert series which last year alone brought close to 5,000 music fans to the city.
Joining Love on the Paramount Theatre bill, which will be hosted once again by Vincent Pastore, who played Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero on the HBO show "The Sopranos," will be long-time Light of Day supporters Joe Grushecky & the Houserockers, Willie Nile, Jesse Malin, Garland Jeffreys, James Maddock, Joe D'Urso and Stone Caravan and Christine Martucci.
On January 16, 2012, Bruce Springsteen joined his old friend Grushecky and the Houserockers on stage at the Paramount for a sizzling set that was the highlight of the 12th annual Light of Day concert series. The show opened with Springsteen's solo acoustic rendition of "Incident on 57th Street" and closed with an emotional rendition of "Thunder Road," that again had the whole audience singing along. Springsteen also shared the stage with, Willie Nile and Garland Jeffreys during their sets at the Paramount that night and performed a solo acoustic set before Grushecky and the Houserockers came onstage. Springsteen has played at nine of the 12 Light of Day events.
Light of Day's New Jersey weekend will kick off on Thursday, Jan. 17 at The Saint at 5pm and at Asbury Lanes on Fourth Avenue, with a Rock N Bowl-a-Thon that will pair participants with celebrity bowlers for a night of fun that will also include lots of music at 7pm.
On Friday, January 18, 2013, Asbury Park’s legendary Stone Pony, the oceanfront club where Light of Day got its start 12 years ago, will feature the second annual tribute to the “Asbury Angels,” significant members of the Asbury Park music scene who have passed on and will announce its second set of inductees.
Performers who will be appearing throughout the weekend at this year’s Light of Day include Dramarama, Denny Laine (Moody Blues/Wings), Bebe Buell, The Tangiers Blues Band, Billy Hector, Stormin’ Norman Seldin and the Asbury All-Stars, the Upstage Jam Band, Vini Lopez (E Street Band), Slim Chance &The Gamblers and many others to be announced over the coming weeks.
Ticket packages include (all seat descriptions are approximate):
Platinum combo package: $275, include pit or "very best" orchestra seats in the first seven rows at the Paramount. The ticket package includes a commemorative Light of Day New Jersey 2012 VIP laminate and a gift bag worth more than S200, plus admission to all Light of Day New Jersey 2012 events.
Gold combo package: $200 includes great front orchestra seats in rows 8 to 13 and the loge at the Paramount. The ticket package also includes a commemorative Light of Day New Jersey 2012 VIP laminate, plus admission to all Light of Day New Jersey 2012 events.
Silver combo package: $165 includes great mid-orchestra and lower side orchestra seats at the Paramount. The ticket package also includes admission to all Light of Day New Jersey 2012 events.
Bronze combo package: $129 includes rear orchestra and lower balcony scats at the Paramount, plus admission to all other Light of Day New Jersey 2012 events. The best seats for the dollar!
Combo tickets save more than $200 on admission to Light of Day New Jersey 2013, and guarantee your seat at Saturday evening's Paramount Theatre show. Admission to all other events is on a capacity-dependent, first-come, first-serve basis.
Individual event ticket prices are:
Paramount Theatre, 1300 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, Saturday, Jan. 14:
Platinum, $185 (first seven rows, including the pit)
Gold, $135 (rows 8 to 13 and the loge)
Silver, $94 (mid-orchestra and lower side orchestra)
Bronze, $74 (rear orchestra and lower balcony)
Super Saver seats, $44 and $34, in the rear balcony. All Ages.
EVENTS AND VENUES
Thursday, January 17
• The Saint (First Note), Tickets: $8adv/$12dos...Doors: 5pm
• Asbury Lanes (LOD Bowl-A-Thon), Tickets: $15adv/$20dos...Doors: 7pm
• Wonder Bar, Tickets: $10...Doors: 8pm
• Stone Pony (Luz del Dia Numero Uno), Tickets: TBA...Doors: 8pm
Friday, January 18
• The Saint (LOD-Rock-Hard), Tickets: $8adv/$12dos...Doors: 8pm
• Asbury Lanes (Rich Russo's "Anything, Anything"), Tickets: $20...Doors: 7pm
• Wonder Bar (LOD's Open Mic), Tickets: $10...Doors: 6pm
• McLoone's Supper Club (Tribute to Abbey Road), Tickets: TBA...Doors: 5pm
• Paramount Theater (Say Hello to Broadway), Tickets: TBA
• Stone Pony (Asbury Angels dedication), Tickets: $25adv/$30dos...Doors: 6pm
Saturday, January 19
• The Saint (Musicians on a Mission), Tickets: $10...Doors: Noon
• The Saint (LOD Groove), Tickets: $8adv/$12dos...Doors: 8pm
• Asbury Lanes (LOD Indie), Tickets: $10adv/$15dos...Doors: 8pm
• Wonder Bar (LOD Asbury Old School), Tickets: $15...Doors: Noon
• Wonder Bar (Here Comes The Night, Tribute to Irish Rock), Tickets: $15...Doors: 8pm
• McLoone's (LOD Kids 1), Tickets: $10...Doors: Noon
• McLoone's Supper Club (Marc Ribler & Friends), Tickets: $10adv/$15dos...Doors: 8pm
• Stone Pony (Asbury Blues), Tickets: $15...Doors: Noon
• Stone Pony (LOD's Rockin' Country & Boogie Bash), Tickets: $15adv/$20dos...Doors: 7pm
• Paramount Theater (Main Event), Tickets: $34-$275...Doors: 6 pm
Sunday, January 20
• Stone Pony (LOD Kids 2), Tickets: TBA...Doors: Noon
• Stone Pony (LOD Best of the Bar Bands), Tickets: $20...Doors: 7pm
• Watermark (Songwriters By The Sea), Tickets: $15...Noon-3pm
• Langouste Lounge (Songwriters By The Sea), Tickets: $15... 3-6pm
• McLoone's Supper Club (Songwriters By The Sea), Tickets: $20...6-9pm
• The Saint (Last Note), Tickets: $8adv/$12dos...Doors: 8pm
Monday, January 21
• Toast (Last Bite) Brunch and Song!!!...llama
Asbury Lanes, 209 Fourth Ave. (18+)
The Saint, 601 Main St. (18+)
Stone Pony, 913 Ocean Ave. (No age restrictions)
Wonder Bar, 1213 Ocean Ave. (Day-No age restrictions. Night-21+)
McLoone's Supper Club, 1200 Ocean Ave. (No age restrictions)
Watermark, 800 Ocean Ave. (No age restrictions)
Langosta Lounge, 1000 Ocean Ave. (No age restrictions)
All venues are in Asbury Park
For more information contact:
Jean Mikle firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Benjamin email@example.com
Light of Day would like to thank all of the performers who have dedicated their talents for supporting our fight against Parkinson's.View Past Performers